We’re now accepting applications for summer 2019. Please see the job description below. For NEU or MIT students you can apply through your respective programs.
Mechanical Engineering Co-op
Compensation: $20 to $25/hr based on relevant experience and coursework
Want a chance to get in on the ground floor of a start-up consumer/medical device Product Design Consultancy? We’re a 3 person firm and growing. Our client list includes companies revolutionizing transportation, smart home devices, and organ preservation.
Our office is on Mass Ave in North Cambridge across from the Alewife Linear Park/Somerville Community Path and only a 10 minute walk from Davis Square.
– Coursework such as Statics, Material Science and Thermodynamics
– Basic proficiency in Solidwork or other 3D modelling tool
– Mechanical aptitude for assembling and debugging prototypes
– Creative problem solving
– Ability to present ideas well verbally and in written form
– Ability to independently resolve minor engineering problems
– Enthusiasm to learn and understand
– Basic proficiency in MS Office or G Suite
– US Citizen or authorized to work in US
– Coursework in Heat Transfer/Thermal Systems and Dynamics
– Ability to detail and model in SolidWorks 2017 or higher
– Basic understanding of tolerancing
– Knowledge of advanced modeling techniques such as surfacing
– Knowledge of 3D printing, particularly Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
– Ability to design for injection molding, machining, 3D printing, sheet metal and ease of assembly
– Knowledge of setting up and interpreting static FEA in SolidWorks
– Basic electronics knowledge
– Experience working on a multidisciplinary team
Portfolio strongly encouraged but not required.