Cambridge, MA 02140
Salary: $12.00 to $17.00 /hour
Bayard Design’s Business Development Specialist Co-op
Want a chance to get in on the ground floor of a startup? Bayard Design is a growing firm looking to accelerate growth. We do Product Design and Mechanical Engineering work on a contract basis for Start-ups, Entrepreneurs and Companies that need to temporarily expand their engineering departments.
The Business Development Specialist will be trained by the Director of Business Development on relevant skill-sets needed for any professional career within Sales, Marketing, and/or Business Development (applicable within a start-up or enterprise environment).
While developing your business acumen, you’ll gain valuable insight into the Product Design/Development and Engineering processes companies within industries like Medical Device, Consumer Electronics, Military/Defense, and Automotive/Transportation industries go through.
Working along-side the Director of Business Development the Business Development Specialist will focus on the following Goals and Responsibilities:
- Help Develop and implement a comprehensive sales and marketing plan to maintain and increase sales
- Target markets that maximize profitability
- Create a contact list on an ongoing basis via research, cold calls, client referral, database mining, networking, trade-shows and web leads
- Update and track all activity within a CRM (currently using Hubspot)
- Attend local trade shows and networking events (some after hours) as appropriate
- 1 year experience of sales, marketing, and/or business development related work is a plus*
- Ability to use MS Office and/or G Suites
- Outside Sales, Lead Generation, Business Development, or Marketing experience is a plus*
- Experience in the product design, industrial design or engineering space a huge plus*
- Excellent communication skills and exemplary customer service skills
The Business Development Specialist Co-op will be:
- Flexible 15-40 hours a week at our Cambridge, MA office
- Can be flexible with your schedule
- Is paid ($12-$17/hr) dependent on experience
- Begins the second week of January 2020
- Will run up to April 30th, 2020
- Has potential to continue into the 2020 Summer Semester
You Must Meet the following (3) Requirements to Apply:
(1) You’re a resident of Massachusetts (able to provide proof of residency) OR attend(ed) a college or university located in Massachusetts (able to provide enrollment verification); AND
(2) Must meet one of the following:
- 2-year/Community College/Certificate students must be enrolled in an Associate’s Degree or Certificate program or have completed one within the past calendar year. Continuing Education students are also eligible.
- 4-year college or university students must have or will complete(d) at least their freshman year the semester before the internship starts, or have graduated within the past calendar year.
- Graduate students must be enrolled in a Master’s Degree program or received their Master’s Degree within the past calendar year. Ph.D. and M.D. students are not eligible.
(3) You can commute to Cambridge, MA, and are a US Citizen or are authorized to work in the US.
- Phone Screenings with Select Applicants – Now through December 11th
- In-Person Interviews – December 12th through 20th
- Start Date – TBD/Week of January 6th
Bayard Design LLC is an equal opportunity employer.